The Ocean Beach Hospital Foundation works to improve the health of those who live, work, and play in South Pacific County. The Foundation fulfills its mission by raising funds to support community education, upgrades to technology, equipment and facilities, and innovative health care programs that have far-reaching benefits.
The Foundation is now taking on the bold effort of raising funds for our new Isolation Unit. During these trying times, the health of you and your loved ones is our main concern. Our hospital and clinic staff continue to work tirelessly to ensure every patient who walks through our doors receives safe, excellent, and compassionate care. Given the unusual circumstances, your generosity matters more than ever. Your gift today will help cover the additional costs of establishing an isolation unit for current and future COVID-19 patients or other pandemics. Through your giving, you’ll assist individuals and families in their greatest time of need and ensure that outstanding immediate care is always available in our rural coastal community. Thank you for investing in our community’s health at this critical moment in time.
If you’d like to contribute, please use the Paypal link below or contact Tammie Jefferies for offline gifts.
Some of the other projects and programs made possible by the Foundation include:
- Equipment purchases for the new Ocean Park Clinic, making health care more accessible to even more of our neighbors
- Mindray patient monitoring system, helping providers to identify health problems early
- Digital mammography machine, for better imaging and easy file storage and retrieval
- PICC line ultrasound, for the successful long-term administration of intravenous medication and other fluids
- Yellowfins surgery table stirrups, improving surgical site access for doctors
- College scholarships, improving access to higher education in the health professions for local high school students
- Adverse Childhood Experiences training subsidization
The Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, was established in 1999, and since its inception has raised more than $1 million to support enhanced healthcare in South Pacific County. The Foundation raises funds through a variety of events and activities, including its bi-annual golf tournament. The Foundation is also eligible to receive .5 percent of your Amazon purchases (paid by Amazon) when you shop using Amazon Smile. You can also make a direct gift of any amount using Paypal.
The Foundation is also able to accept planned gifts. Let your estate planner, attorney or financial advisor know of your wishes and they can designate the Foundation as a recipient of a life insurance policy, real estate or other assets.
Donations to the foundation are tax deductible. Tax ID 41-2122776.