Receive stock, perform inventory control, distribute supplies to Hospital and Clinics, distribute interoffice mail, process outgoing mail and use the computer automated inventory records system. Maintain and stock the exchange carts in the Med/Surg area, the exchange and individual carts in the ER area and all individual rooms in the ER area. Assist Nursing in identifying and replacing outdated items. Assist in archives as needed. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain inventory of a variety of supplies and equipment.
- Receive, unpack, inspect and store equipment and supplies.
- Fill from stock and arrange for delivery material for various departments.
- Provide pickup and delivery of supplies and equipment.
- Perform inventory control.
- Pick up and process outgoing mail.
- Receive and sort supplies.
- Perform messenger service/courier service.
- Assist in archives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a neat professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude reflective of an interest in his/her work.
- Promote guest relations philosophy in interaction with patients, their families, physicians, visitors and staff.
- Employees are required to complete all training on time.
- Contribute to a culture of patient-centered care.
- Contribute to a safe work environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to the team and serve as a mentor to co-workers.
- Maintain practices of financial stewardship.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years of general warehouse work
- Knowledge of methods used in receiving, storing, issuing and record-keeping of materials; warehouse procedures; purchase order processing and invoices
- Record keeping techniques; office procedures and equipment
- Must have valid driver’s license
Physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Extensive walking/standing
- Highly repetitive work
- Potential exposure to fumes, chemicals, heat, cold, dust and noise
Department: Materials Management
Reports To: Purchasing Manager