This position is responsible for the efficient and timely non-clinical support of the Community Outreach Programs. Good working knowledge of Hospital and Clinic computerized software systems is required. Excellent grammar and communications, both oral and in writing and basic knowledge of medical terminology. This position will have direct contact with patients, Hospital staff and the general public and your ability to use excellent communication skills providing overall quality customer service both in person and over the phone is required.
Job Title: Education & Community Outreach Associate
Type: Full Time, Mon-Fri*
Department: Ocean Beach Hospital
Immediate Supervisor: RN Manager, Education & Community Outreach
Location: Ilwaco, WA
Wage Scale: DOE
- High school graduate or equivalent, college preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of office skills and computer operations.
- Has the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to use time wisely.
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Familiar with general hospital procedures.
- Exercises judgment and uses tact with patients.
- Relates well with medical staff, department staff, visitors, and hospital employees.
- Is organized and efficiently performs related duties.
- Flexibility in performing various procedures as necessary.
- Knowledgeable in the use of department equipment and supplies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience using Microsoft Publisher preferred.
- Experience working with Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems.
- Must be able to prioritize duties and quickly change tasks as needed
- Deals with the public and fellow workers in a dignified, sincere, and professional manner.
- Must have prior experience in hospital/health care operations, with scheduling experience preferred.
- Must have prior experience working with healthcare insurance plans including referrals and authorizations and familiar with the reimbursement
*This is a temporary, grant-funded position in the Education & Community Outreach office.