Healthcare Access Associates are responsible for ensuring the Admitting standards of customer service align with our Values of Excellence, Partnership, Integrity, and Compassion by acting as a liaison between the Hospital and the patients, the general public, and the medical community. They are primarily responsible for completing an efficient and organized registration, admission and insurance verification of all inpatients and outpatients. Excellent customer service skills are crucial in this role, as the Healthcare Access Associates must ensure that accurate information is collected, that they are always sensitive to the confidentiality of this information, and that patients are aware of their rights as determined by HIPAA regulations and company policy.
Healthcare Access Associates are responsible for identifying areas for process improvement and developing recommendations for solutions, resolving customer service issues, conducting analysis for the department as necessary and performing other specific job duties as required.
Job Title: Healthcare Access Associate
Type: Half Time
Immediate Supervisor: Admitting Manager
Location: Ocean Beach Hospital
- 2 years of previous registration or healthcare experience is preferred.
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems dealing with governmental entitlement programs, commercial insurance requirements, contractual obligations, and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current trends in insurance billing and other third party reimbursement issues.
- Experience in efficiently using a computer and accurately entering data. CPR certification required within 6 months of hire.
- While not required, education or certifications in the following areas are helpful: Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) through the National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM), Completion of a medical terminology course, and Bilingual – Spanish preferred.