The Dietitian ensures that the Diabetes Education Program, Weight Management Program, dietary needs of our patients and Dietary department standards of customer service align with our Values of Excellence, Partnership, Integrity, and Compassion by acting as a liaison between the Department and the patient, the general public, and the medical community. The Dietitian actively develops and participates in community outreach programs and develops programs to increase volume in the Department.
The Dietitian assesses nutritional status and needs, develops and implements nutritional care plans, and evaluates and reports these results appropriately. The person in this position coordinates and supervises food service procurement, production, and distribution and provides patient, professional, and nutritional staff education. The Dietitian is responsible for the Diabetes Education Program, the Weight Management Program, patient’s dietary needs and has oversight of the Dietary Department.
Job Title: Registered Dietitian
Type: Full Time, Non-exempt
Immediate Supervisor: RN Manager, Education & Community Outreach
Location: Ocean Beach Hospital & Medical Clinics
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Administration and Dietetics (or equivalent) from an accredited 4 year college of university.
- Registered Dietitian (R.D.) by the American Dietetic Association or have eligibility to take the R.D. examination within six months.
- Have and maintain a current Dietitian Certification through the Washington State Department of Health.
- Have interest in and commit to obtaining a Certified Diabetes Educator Certification.
- Have interest in and commit to obtaining a Weight Management Certification.
- Supervisory experience of at least six months in a dietary department is desirable.