Medical Technologists are expected to perform duties of a generalist with specialist duties assigned as needed. Must adhere to all federal, state, and hospital guidelines/policy/procedures to provide patient-centered care. Lab personnel must have the ability to multitask under stressful conditions. Lab staff must be able to work independently while producing high-quality service. Must possess skills and aptitude necessary to provide direct patient care appropriate to the patient population served (neonates, pediatric, adult, and geriatric). On-call shifts may be required per patient care needs. This position requires the proficient performance of phlebotomy, ABGs, and ECGs.
Job Title: Medical Technologist (MT)
Type: Full Time
Department: Ocean Beach Hospital Laboratory
Immediate Supervisor: Ancillary Services Manager
Location: Ilwaco, WA
Wage Scale: $33.56 – $52.20 DOE
- Must meet CLIA criteria for high complexity laboratory testing personnel.
- B.S. Medical Technology or Laboratory Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology) and ASCP (MT) or equivalent certification.
- Have and maintain good standing in a national registry ASCP or equivalent.
- Current Medical Assistant Phlebotomist license through the Washington State Department of Health.
- BLS required within 6 months of hire.