Do you have a passion for customer service and enjoy being a critical member of a Leadership team?
Do you consider yourself an expert in Accounting processes?
If so, we’d like to hear from you. We’re in need of enthusiasm and commitment to provide medical services to a rural community in a Critical Access setting.
The Ocean Beach Hospital is a 25 bed licensed Critical Access Hospital located on the rural Long Beach Peninsula in Washington State. We are looking for someone with a passion for a good challenge who enjoys a hands on environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This position has responsibility for direction and management of the Accounting function for the organization. This person supervises invoice processing, payments, Timekeeper information and payroll functions to assure accuracy, and timely completion. This position is responsible for examination of a sampling of invoices processed to ensure proper matching of purchasing and receiving documents, proper distribution to general ledger expense accounts, timely and accurate payments that make full use of available discounts, and proper filing and storage of records. The position performs complex accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis requiring full professional competency. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining accounting and fiscal control records and procedures used in the organizational unit. This position is responsible for interpreting accounts and records for administration and prepares fiscal analysis such as revenue projections and cost/benefit analysis. Works directly with the Chief Financial Officer on assigned projects.
Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to: Interviewing, recommendations for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance review; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3-5 years of recent experience in accounting including both payroll and accounts payable.
2. 2+ years of experience in a Leadership role managing accounting functions such as but not limited to accounts payable/receivable and payroll.
3. Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional, cross organizational work groups.
4. Demonstrated Financial management skills, including the ability to perform complex accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis, budgeting, auditing, and forecasting; basic accounting knowledge, AR and reserve analysis, market analysis, staffing and financial reporting skills.
5. Proficient in various software applications including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access. Familiarity with healthcare information systems and data extraction.
1. 2+ years of experience in a healthcare financial management environment.
2. Current working knowledge in the areas of charge capture, coding, cash management, managed care contractual terms health insurance practices, industry regulatory requirements, AR and financial reporting technology, wage and hour regulations, basic accounting and industry standards for healthcare revenue resolution management practices preferred.
3. Excellent, current and thorough understanding of all aspects of physician billing, accounts receivable and collections, RVU, allied health professionals, provider enrollment, business office operations, etc.
4. Knowledgeable in provider contract language and understanding of reimbursement processes.
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Type: Full Time, exempt
Shift: Typically Monday-Friday
Salary: TBD based on education and experience