Do you have a passion for customer service and enjoy being a critical member of a Leadership team?
Do you enjoy leading and/or working on cross functional teams?
Do you consider yourself an expert in Accounting processes?
If so, we’d like to hear from you. We’re in need of enthusiasm and commitment to provide medical services to a rural community in a Critical Access setting.
The Ocean Beach Hospital is a 25 bed licensed Critical Access Hospital located on the rural Long Beach Peninsula in Washington State. We need someone with operational experience in Accounting who is comfortable with being a member of the Executive Team and making presentations to the Board of Commissioners that is motivated to take the initiative and own the top financial position for the organization. We are looking for someone with a passion for a good challenge who enjoys a hands on environment. The person in this position is the top financial position for the organization and would have direct supervision of Accounting and Payroll and oversight of the Business Office. Come join our team and make a difference!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This position has overall responsibility for direction and management of the Revenue Cycle for the organization. This person supervises invoice processing, payments, Timekeeper information and payroll functions to assure accuracy, and timely completion. This position is responsible for examination of a sampling of invoices processed to ensure proper matching of purchasing and receiving documents, proper distribution to general ledger expense accounts, timely and accurate payments that make full use of available discounts, and proper filing and storage of records. Works directly with the Chief Executive Officer on assigned projects including budgetary proposals, profit statements, projected wage, and salary information for employees and acts as the top financial position in the organization.
Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to: Interviewing, recommendations for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance review; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
1. AAS degree in Accounting or equivalent experience and 3-5 years of recent experience in accounting including both payroll and accounts payable. A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare, or comparable certification plus 2 – 4 years of experience in operations at a Health Care Facility preferred.
2. 2+ years of experience in a Leadership role, managing, planning and executing activities including; developing project plans, work breakdown structures, and project reporting.
3. Demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, and participate in cross-functional, cross organizational work groups.
4. Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, and effective meeting management, agenda development, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated Financial management skills, including the ability to financially analyze data for operations, budgeting, auditing, forecasting; basic accounting knowledge, AR and reserve analysis, market analysis, staffing and financial reporting skills.
6. Current working knowledge in the areas of charge capture, coding, cash management, managed care contractual terms health insurance practices, industry regulatory requirements, AR and financial reporting technology, wage and hour regulations, basic accounting and industry standards for healthcare revenue resolution management practices preferred.
7. 5 – 10 years experience in a healthcare financial management environment.
8. Current working knowledge in the areas of charge capture, coding, cash management, managed care contractual terms health insurance practices, industry regulatory requirements, AR and financial reporting technology, wage and hour regulations, basic accounting and industry standards for healthcare revenue resolution management practices preferred.
9. Excellent, current and thorough understanding of all aspects of physician billing, accounts receivable and collections, RVU, allied health professionals, provider enrollment, business office operations, etc.
10. Knowledgeable in provider contract language and understanding of reimbursement processes.
11. Proficient in various software applications including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access. Familiarity with healthcare information systems and data extraction.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full Time, exempt
Shift: Typically Monday-Friday
Salary: TBD based on education and experience
Location: Ocean Beach Hospital