Human Resources Manager
Do you enjoy leading and/or working on cross functional teams?
Are you passionate about customer service and employee engagement?
If so, we’d like to hear from you. We’re in need of enthusiasm and commitment to provide medical services to a rural community in a Critical Access setting.
The Ocean Beach Hospital is a 25 bed licensed Critical Access Hospital located on the rural Long Beach Peninsula in Washington State. We are looking for someone with a passion for helping others and who enjoys a hands on environment.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Manager holds a critical operational role in terms of meeting state and federal regulatory compliance, HIPAA compliance, and guest relations. The person in this position works in close partnership with many aspects of the organization and is central to creating a seamless experience for our patients and employees.
The Human Resources Manager develops and/or implements human resource policies and programs within the policy guidance of the Executive Team, General Management, and professional Human Resource Standards. The person in this position is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of Human Resources and Education Department programs, policies, practices and procedures that support Ocean Beach Hospital’s strategic goals and objectives. The person in this position directs, performs, and oversees Human Resources management functions including employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, labor relations, organizational development, workforce planning, education, training and development, and risk management in the areas of safety, workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance. The person in this position represents Ocean Beach Hospital in the community, industry and professional interfaces. Leadership skills to motivate cross-departmental and cross functional teams’ performance towards excellence and develop team concepts and consensus-building management styles is necessary for success.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year experience working in a Human Resources capacity, Associate Degree plus 3 years of experience working in a Human Resources capacity or Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, and/or SHRM SCP) required.
• 2+ years of Leadership experience, managing, planning and executing activities including; project management, establishing performance metrics, and employee engagement.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, and effective meeting management, agenda development, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Education and Skills:
• Degrees in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field preferred.
• Five years recent management of Human Resources Department preferred.
• Experience working in the Health Care industry or union setting preferred.
• Experience working in an environment with over 150+ employees.
• Experience in Education and Training preferred.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full Time, exempt
Salary: TBD based on education and experience
Location: Ocean Beach Hospital