Medical Receptionist, Full-Time
Our organization values excellence, integrity, compassion, and partnership in all aspects of operation. The hospital provides access to advanced imaging technology, Laboratory, MRI, CT scan, and Life Flight capabilities for major trauma transports. We have a strong network of primary care and subspecialty providers on staff including a full-time Oncology Infusion program. The hospital works toward constantly improving its facilities and acquiring new technology to keep pace with the advances of health care and is currently in the process of implementing an Electronic Medical Records.
This position is located in the Medical Clinic. As a team player, the ability to manage self and work with all departments in a professional and courteous manor is necessary.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
• Efficient and orderly admission of clinic patients.
• Ensures that accurate information is collected.
• Handles routine patient inquiries and problems.
• Ensures that all incoming telephone calls are promptly and courteously answered and routed to the correct extension within the clinic.
• Filing of documents and maintaining patient files,
• Retrieving patient’s files, and copying and making ready patient files for consulting appointments in a timely manner.
• Insurance verification
• Accurately filing in a numeric system.
The ability to multitask and balance working independently but in a team environment is required. A compassionate attitude toward patients is required. Your ability to communicate with staff and patients in a friendly, caring and professional manner is required.
This position requires you to be on your feet and moving at a fast pace for 8 hours/per day. A positive and friendly attitude as well as being a team player is a must. 12 months experience in a Medical Clinic preferred. Must be knowledgeable in computer use. Past experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant is useful.
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Status: Full Time
Shift: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm or 9:00 – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday