Clinical System Specialist, Full-Time
Do you enjoy the challenge of implementing new systems? Are you the go-to person in your company for the most challenging tech support issues? Do you enjoy working leading and/or working on a cross functional team? Do you enjoy solving new and interesting problems? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
The Ocean Beach Hospital is a 25 bed licensed Critical Access Hospital. We need someone with experience on a medium sized network that is motivated to take the initiative and own the Clinical Application support of our IT operations. We are looking for someone with a passion for a good challenge to embrace this exciting opportunity!
The Clinical Systems Specialist serves as the primary clinical operations & IT resource for ongoing support of the Practice Management and EMR Applications. The specialist coordinates and facilitates application system implementations and upgrades for information systems supporting patient care functions. The specialist works with user teams to optimize clinic processes and procedures making use of applicable system tools and features which includes the development of training plans. The specialist provides input to and assists in development of usage policies and best practices. The specialist resolves incidents and issues reported by users.
The specialist serves as a core member of the clinical operations and IT team to ensure that users are supported in their interactions with the system and patients. Internally, the specialist serves as the liaison among application users and IT for all application issues, usage policies, best practices and training. Externally, the specialist serves as the liaison between the organization and application vendors the practice management and EMR applications and related tools.
• Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Medical Informatics, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, or clinical discipline preferred. A combination of experience and education may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. 2 years of clinical experience in a patient care setting, and 2-3 years experience with systems implementation and support preferred. RN preferred.
• Two or more years of experience in a medical setting with experience utilizing an Electronic Medical Record and/or other clinical information system.
• Experience configuring and maintaining systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
• Understanding of ambulatory practice patterns and workflow in a hospital and clinic setting.
• Ability to understand how systems are used by physicians, clinical teams, scheduling teams and billing teams
• Understands reporting requirements of hospitals and clinics
• Understands billing needs of hospitals and clinics
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
• Experience with practice management and EMR applications preferred
• Demonstrated customer orientation
• Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Type: Full Time, non-exempt
Shift: Generally work is during daytime hours, but evening and or night time work occasionally is required to support projects, particularly during implementation. This position rotates call within the Department.
Salary: TBD based on education and experience
Benefits include but are not limited to: Health, Dental, and Vision coverage upon meeting eligibility requirements. Five weeks of paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and several available supplemental insurance plans.