The Ocean Beach Hospital values are Excellence, Partnership, Integrity, and Compassion and we expect excellent customer service from all of our staff members.
The hospital provides access to advanced imaging technology, Laboratory, MRI, CT scan, and Life Flight capabilities for major trauma transports. We have a strong network of primary care and subspecialty providers on staff including a full-time Oncology Infusion program. The hospital works toward constantly improving its facilities and acquiring new technology to keep pace with the advances of health care.
Job Title: CRNA
Type: Irregular, on-call
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Nursing Officer
Location: Ocean Beach Hospital & Medical Clinics
A qualified anesthesia professional involved in the administration of anesthesia and related services as delineated by the clinical and nonclinical responsibilities described herein.
- Holds current RN and ARNP licensure for the state of Washington, and complies with any applicable state statutory or regulatory requirements concerning advanced practice registered nursing.
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor.
- Is currently certified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Demonstrates current competency in the clinical responsibilities for nurse anesthesia.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Ordering of appropriate laboratory/diagnostic studies
- Pre-anesthetic medication
- General anesthesia and adjuvant drugs
- Monitoring, interpretation, and management of information derived from monitors intraoperative
- Post-anesthesia assessment and management
- Regional anesthesia techniques, to include neuraxial blocks (spinals/epidurals) and peripheral nerve blocks (interscalene, axillary, supraclavicular, adductor canal, femoral, popliteal, bier, TAP)
- Sedation techniques
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation management
- Invasive and noninvasive monitoring
- Airway management techniques
- Mechanical ventilation/oxygen therapy
- Fluid, electrolyte, acid-base management
- Blood, blood products, plasma expanders
- Peripheral intravenous/arterial catheter placement
- Drug preparation and maintenance of anesthesia equipment to keep in safe operating condition
- Appropriate accounting of controlled substances