- Thorough knowledge of current nursing practice and clinical assessment techniques.
- Ability to perform effective telephone triage and direct clients to effective health care choice.
- Basic knowledge of primary care and ambulatory care nursing insurance and coding.
- Ability to carry out multiple nursing responsibilities under time pressure and make sound clinical decisions independently. Recognize when to consult with a supervisor or practitioner, and to provide effective and compassionate care to clients from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to write clear and informative progress notes, instructions, and procedures; and to function as an effective team member in the organization and delivery of client care services.
- Skilled in the performance of ambulatory care nursing procedures and basic laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge and demonstration of effective interpersonal skills.
- Obtain vital signs brief history and present problem/issue.
- Evaluate laboratory reports for needed follow-up, filing, and/or action.
- Document assessment and follow-up information in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Perform and assist with clinical procedures and examinations.
- Conduct clinic care so that client privacy and confidentiality is maintained.
- Collect laboratory specimens via phlebotomy swab and other means. Process laboratory specimens for in-clinic and external laboratory testing
- Document nursing care in a clear concise and timely manner
- Actively participate in quality improvement activities.
- Functions in a collaborative relationship with their assigned provider. Transcribes and implements orders in a timely manner.
- Provides patient and family teaching in order to facilitate optimum health and level of functioning.
- Administers medications safely.
- Performs routine procedures according to current standards of care.
- Maintains an orderly exam room and work area.
- Incorporates the principles of infection control in the delivery of patient care.
- Maintains clinical competency by continually upgrading knowledge and skills. Takes responsibility for his/her own continued education and growth to stay abreast of changes
Job Title: RN
Type: Per Diem
Department: Ocean Beach Medical Clinic
Immediate Supervisor: Clinic Manager
Location: Ocean Beach Hospital
- You must be a Registered Nurse with a current WA license.
- One year minimum RN experience required.
- ACLS and BLS certified.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound nursing knowledge and assessment skills.
- Completes all licensure and/or certification requirements.
Continuously accepting applications