This position has overall responsibility for assisting the Controller/ Business Office Manager in direction and management of the Patient Financial Services and Accounts Payable departments. Works under the direction of the Controller to ensure quality of billing systems and processes to include charges, claim submission, cash applications, and optimization of reimbursement. Assists in the management of the activities of the patient accounting and collection functions.
This position will be responsible for Financial Assistance Applications and Health First Financial Applications.
This position will assist the Controller with payor contract matrixes, vendor contract matrixes and budgeting,
This position will back up Accounts Payable, Cash Posting, Charge Entry and other areas as needed.
This position acts as resource to Clinical Staff regarding health insurance claims and maximizing reimbursement. Assists with payer contracting, underpayment analysis, reimbursement audits, charge capture, provides support for pricing strategies and charge master, compliant document management program, compliant billing and related financial/business analysis. Facilitates effective relations with payers and providers related to managed care plans.
Under the direction of the Controller, supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to: Interviewing, recommendations for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance review; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Title: Business Office Supervisor
Type: Full Time, Exempt
Department: Business Office, Accounts Payable, Patient Financial Services
Immediate Supervisor: Controller
Location: Ocean Beach Hospital & Medical Clinics
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare financial management environment.
- Excellent, current and thorough understanding of all aspects of physician billing, accounts receivable and collections, RVU, allied health professionals, provider enrollment, business office operations, etc.
- Familiarity with healthcare information systems and data extraction.
- 1+ years of experience in a Health Care Facility in Patient Financial Services, Business Office or Accounts Payable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, and participate in cross-functional, cross organizational work groups.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, and effective meeting management, agenda development, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial management skills, including the ability to financially analyze data for operations, budgeting, auditing, forecasting; basic accounting knowledge, AR and reserve analysis, market analysis, staffing and financial reporting skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems that affect the claim submission or resolution process.
- Current working knowledge in the areas of charge capture, coding, cash management, managed care contractual terms health insurance practices, industry regulatory requirements, AR and financial reporting technology, wage and hour regulations, basic accounting and industry standards for healthcare revenue resolution management practices.
- Proficiency in use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be available to work overtime as needed.